March 28, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has quickly escalated across the country, we've seen certain industries be impacted particularly hard. One of which is the service industry. As many of us mourn the loss of our favorite restaurants and bars, the loss is felt greatest by those whose livelihood depends on it. Join us as we talk to Boston bar legend, Lizzie Havoc, General Manager and bartender at the Avenue Bar & Grill in Allston, as we talk about:
- How this all has played out for herself and her staff
- Ways in which the community has already stepped up to help out
- The launch of "Bartending in Sweatpants"
- The difference between leaders who care most about people vs. profits
- Navigating the challenges of applying for unemployment right now
- What the community can do to help those in the service industry get through this tough time
If you'd like to donate to support the Avenue staff, you can venmo at: @Lizzie-Havoc
March 21, 2020
In the second episode of the Corona Chronicles, we talk about 2 key topics: what it's like being exposed to the virus and forced into quarantine and how organizations are shifting into virtual mode to keep engagement high.
Have you ever thought about how much of what you do each day can be translated into the virtual world? We're finding out! Sarah talks about how her company is moving everything virtual, from yoga classes and breath-work to educational lessons for kids to happy hours. In addition to keeping the business moving, how can companies make sure their employees are staying physically and emotionally well during this crazy time?
Lindsay also digs into what it's like to find out you have been exposed to the virus in the work environment. Have you found out you've been exposed - how did you manage?
And finally, we debate how many drinks a day is too many in the new world we live in.
March 18, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic accelerates in the United States, we wanted to take the chance to talk about what all of this looks and feels like. These are unprecedented times and navigating through it will require all of us to come together and work together like never before.
In this first Corona Chronicles episode, we discuss:
- How the virus has evolved in the last few weeks and months - and what made us take it seriously
- What the impact has looked like for our jobs
- What it's been like working as an event marketer during this process
- The #CancelEverything movement and importance
- What it means to flatten the curve
- How we've seen the community step up in various ways
- Adjusting to working remotely 100% of the time
- The early days of self-isolation
- What we're stocking up on for quarantine (HINT: it's not TP)
We will continue this series over the coming days as an opportunity to discuss how our world is adapting and changing in the face of a pandemic. This is going to have lasting ripple effects on our careers and the economy and we plan to bring on a variety of perspectives to talk about it. Join us!